Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Visiting Central Jail(camp): A tragedy or Justice???

Visiting Central Jail (camp) Ichra, Lahore was a very different experience of my life. I have never been to such place or never had a chance to experience the reality of life. The moment I entered the jail I saw families and families waiting to meet their loved one who were behind the bars for different reasons. They were carrying food, clothes and other essential accessories for their loved ones who were living there.


Although I had a recommendation letter, still some of the policemen their thought that I was there for the same reason, to meet someone who was locked there. I had to wait there for few couple of minutes when I was taken to the superintendent’s office who was fortunately my uncle and thanks to him who made all these arrangements and made this interview possible. After waiting again for a couple of minutes I was taken to the IT room where the defendant was brought for the interview. At my first glance he seemed an innocent child because the very first second I saw him I couldn’t figure out that was he the one who was brought in for interview? Then I started off with the interview I couldn’t believe that he was just 16 year old and committed a murder however which was later revealed that it was unfortunately an unintentional murder. Talking to him and discussing his case with him made me feel pity for him and it was clear enough to see that he was regretting every second of his life for what he did by mistake. He said if he gets a chance to run he’ll make sure that without wasting a single second he’ll run from the jail because he is sick and tired of living there. The only support he is looking forward is his family and is praying day and night to get out of there. In these 8 months the only problem regarding his health is itching problem due to the insufficient cleanliness measures rest is all ok. He is getting education there as well and is waiting to get out of their as soon as possible so that he can earn a good future for rest of his life, where he is planning to go abroad study and work.

By Muzeadhy Fatima

2 comments:

  1. This article enables the general public to get aware of the jail facilities as well as problems.it is good know that jail is providing education facilities to the prisoners there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to all, the blog has really the dreadful information I really enjoyed a lot. check here

    ReplyDelete